The general purposes of this chapter are to do all of the following:
- Avoid jurisdictional competition and conflict with courts of other states in matters of child custody that have in the past resulted in the shifting of children from state to state with harmful effects on their well-being.
- Promote cooperation with the courts of other states to the end that a custody decree is rendered in the state that can best decide the case in the interest of the child.
- Discourage the use of the interstate system for continuing controversies over child custody.
- Deter abductions of children.
- Avoid relitigation in this state of custody decisions of other states.
- Facilitate the enforcement of custody decrees of other states.
Don’t let a family law issue jeopardize your future, contact us immediately to find out how an exceptional family law attorney can help you.
We know you need the best in knowledgeable legal representation from a family law firm that treats your case with consideration and genuine concern. We look forward to hearing from you when you call (888) 375-3056 for a FREE confidential consultation.
Here are the relevant statutes relating to family law issues for your review. Please look them over and contact us for a FREE CONSULTATION so we can help you find which are relevant to your case.
Relevant Wisconsin Statutes:
- UNIFORM CHILD CUSTODY JURISDICTION AND ENFORCEMENT ACT