If you’ve been charged and arrested for a operating while intoxicated (an Operating While Intoxicated in Wisconsin or sometimes also called Driving Under the Influence, DUI or Driving Under The Influence in other states), need a DUI lawyer and just wondering about a DUI defense, DUI law or just want to talk to a DUI lawyer with our law firm. Learn the DUI law regarding your case.
You are facing serious disruptions to your life if you’ve been arrested for drunk driving or driving under the influence. A first violation drunk driving charge with no injuries or other special circumstances comes with a license suspension, high fines/fees and expensive auto insurance rates. More serious charges can come with longer licenses suspensions, possible mandatory jail time and other high penalties. This can cause problems at work, including discipline or firing. With possible problems meeting, work, school or family duties, it is important to take action and find out any possible dui defenses as soon as you are charged with an DUI violation.
If you’ve been charged and arrested fin either the City of Eau Claire or Eau Claire County for an OWI (an Operating While Intoxicated in Wisconsin or sometimes also called Driving Under the Influence, DUI or Driving Under the Influence in other states), you need a Eau Claire DUI lawyer and just wondering about a Eau Claire DUI defense, DUI law or just want to talk to a Eau Claire DUI lawyer with our law firm. Learn the Eau Claire DUI law regarding your case.
You are facing serious disruptions to your life if you’ve been arrested for drunk driving or driving under the influence in Eau Claire or Eau Claire County. A first violation drunk driving charge with no injuries or other special circumstances comes with a license suspension, high fines/fees and expensive auto insurance rates. The best Eau Claire DUI lawyer can actually handle the whole thing for you.
More serious charges come with longer licenses suspensions, mandatory jail time and other high penalties. This can cause problems at work, including discipline or firing. A good Eau Claire DUI lawyer can help you navigate the Eau Claire County court system and work with Eau Claire or Eau Claire County prosecutors You need the best Eau Claire DUI lawyer you can find so call us at 888-375-3056 today.
Drug & Medication OWI
Drug & Medication OWI
Operating After Revocation
Operating After Revocation
OWI Causing Damage
Refusals & Implied Consent
Refusals & Implied Consent
Six Questions Regarding a DUI Arrest
What is the best way to handle a DUI Arrest?
The first thing you should do after (not during) an arrest for DUI is contact a lawyer. Be curtious to the officer and SUBMIT TO THE BREATH TEST OE BLOOD TEST. If the officer asks you how many you had to drink, tell them you aren’t sure. Most people have no idea how many drinks they can have and still be able to drive. You don’t want to tell the officer a number that you are unsure of.
What are the short-term & long-term effects of an OWI/DUI?
If you have been convicted of driving under the influence, your insurance rates will increase dramatically and you may have trouble getting insurance. Also your license may be suspended for a time. Call us to find out how to get back on the road legally as soon as possible.
What are the effects of alcohol on the body?
The effects of alcohol on the body can vary greatly from person to person depending on these factors:
- How much you weigh. The heavier you are, the more alcohol it takes to get you drunk. If you’re a woman, your body will process and eliminate alcohol faster than a man’s. How much you’ve eaten. Food in your stomach slows down the absorption of alcohol into your bloodstream.
- What kind of drink it is, and how much you’re drinking? Some drinks have more alcohol than others. For example, beer has between 3 and 7 percent alcohol while wine ranges from 5 to 15 percent. Mixed drinks can have as much as 25 percent alcohol.
- What you’re drinking with. Mixing alcohol with other drugs or medications can cause serious side effects, like unconsciousness and death.
- How long you’ve been drinking. The more you drink over a longer period of time, the more alcohol you’ll absorb into your bloodstream.
- How often you’ve been drinking. If this is your first time drinking a lot in one sitting, it will take longer for your body to metabolize the alcohol.
- How your body reacts to alcohol. If you have a health condition, such as high blood pressure or heart disease, that can make it harder for your body to process alcohol.
- What you’re eating with your alcohol. Food can slow down how fast your body absorbs alcohol, which is why it’s important to eat before and while drinking.
- How much sleep you’ve had. If you’re tired, your body won’t metabolize alcohol as quickly.
- Whether or not you’ve eaten before drinking. Eating food can slow down how fast your body absorbs alcohol, which is why it’s important to eat before and while drinking.
- How much you’ve had to drink. If you drink a lot in one sitting, your body will metabolize the alcohol more slowly.
- How fast you’re drinking. Drinking alcohol quickly can cause your body to absorb more alcohol at once, which means it will take longer for your body to metabolize the alcohol.
- The type of alcohol you’re drinking. Different types of alcohol are metabolized at different rates, so some drinks will have a greater effect on your body than others. For example, hard liquor is more potent than beer, so it will have a greater effect on your body.
- When drinking alcohol the body absorbs it at different rates. It is estimated that a healthy liver can process about one drink per hour. The body also processes alcohol at different rates based on your weight, gender and whether you have eaten.
The police didn’t read me my Miranda warning?
The police don’t have to inform you of your right to remain silent. They only do if and when they ask you a question which can be used against you. See Question1.
Should I get a lawyer for my first DUI/OWI charge in Wisconsin?
Although it is not necessary to have an attorney for a DUI/OWI first, it’s a good idea to consult with a knowledgeable OWI lawyer. Continue reading for more information.
Can you beat an DUI/OWI charge in Wisconsin?
If your OWI case involves legal, technical or police mistakes, the prosecutor may dismiss it immediately if your case goes unresolved. If not, try the case to a jury. Our firm has quite a high success rate of not guilty verdicts at tral.
Mark R. Mullen
Mobile: (715) 828-4780
Attorney Mark Mullen spends most of his time managing Mullen, Schlough & Associates S.C. He uses his business education along with extensive knowledge of everyday law firm operations combined with 10 years courtroom experience to insure attorneys with the firm provide quality legal representation. In addition, he believes and strives to insure successful attorneys start with an organized office environment with highly trained and experienced staff providing attorneys to have only one issue on their minds: winning the case.
Scott S. Schlough
Criminal Defense & OWI Defense
Mobile: (715) 821-1287
Attorney Schlough attended the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities where he studied Political Science and Communications. He also had to opportunity to complete two internships in the Minnesota government, first with the Minnesota House of Representatives and then with former Governor Tim Pawlenty. After completing his bachelor’s degree, he immediately enrolled in law school at William Mitchell College of Law. While at William Mitchell, Attorney Schlough was active in the Phi Alpha Delta law fraternity and was also president of the Ski and Snowboard club at William Mitchell. He is licensed in both Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Our Prices & Payment Plans
- Ruth Fane
OWI Case – ’12
- Rob Ciotti
- Collen Risher